Search The Knowledge Base
Browse The Knowledge Base
Knowledge Base :
General : Windows
An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file
While try to copy paste any folder error occurred "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem
Error 0x80071AC3: The operation could not be completed because the volume is dirty. Please run chkdsk and try again" came in particular hard disk.
1. Open your computer (My computer: ).
2. Right click on affected volume (Example drive D) and take â€˜Propertiesâ€™.
3. Go to â€˜Toolsâ€™ tab.
4. First tool is to â€˜Error-checkingâ€™. Click on â€˜Check nowâ€™ button.
5. From given small window, click on â€˜Startâ€™ button to start scan. (Ensure â€˜Automatically fix file system
errorsâ€™ option is checked).
1. If you check â€˜Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectorsâ€™ you might wait much time to complete scanning. If scanning without this option is not solving your errors, recheck drive after checking (tick) this option.
2. Sometimes you will get a message with â€˜Windows canâ€™t check the disk while itâ€™s useâ€™. Here you have to close all things related to this drive. Or click on â€˜Force a dismountâ€™.
3. You may need to wait some minutes to complete checking according to your drive capacity.
After successful checking and fixing, you will get a confirmation message of scanning and fixing drive errors.
4. Now you are free from Error 0x80071AC3.
5. This is the common method to solve this error in Windows XP, Window Vista,Windows7 and Windows 8.
There are no related articles
No viewers have posted comments