Search The Knowledge Base
Browse The Knowledge Base
Knowledge Base :
Error: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service is stopped automatically and system getting restart automatically
* Change the settings for the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service in order to connect to the internet without the computer shutting down
Note: This does not work in every case.
To change these settings you will need to perform the following:
1. Right-click the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop or in the Start menu.
2. Select Manage. The Computer Management window will open.
3. In the left pane, double-click on Services and Applications.
4. Select Services and a list of services should appear.
5. In the right pane, locate the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, it will have a Status of "Started".
Note: This will be the first in a listing of two Remote Procedure Call (RPS) services.
6. Right-click on the first Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service listed.
7. Select Properties.
8. Select the Recovery tab.
9. Using the drop-down lists, change First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures from Restart the Computer to Take No Action.
10. Click on Apply and then OK.
There are no related articles
No viewers have posted comments